What is FEBA Teaching Assistantship & Travel (TAT)?
FEBA is happy to announce its special program for 7th to 12th grade students to gain a teaching experience and be an assistant teacher alongside the teachers during Teach & Travel program.
Teach & Travel (T&T) program is an international project aiming to place participants in different countries as an English (ESL) all over the world combined with an opportunity to travel in Turkey and respective country of teaching. It is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable work experience with fun. Teaching section is a 3 to 4 week program to teach English as a second language to K-12 students.
The applicants admitted to Teaching Assistantship & Travel (TAT) program will be involved in both of the specified programs listed below:
(a) Teaching Assistantship (TA) in Turkey.
The responsibilities, situations, and conditions of these students’ involvement differ from those in higher education. Common tasks of the TA’s in Teach&Travel (T& T) will include assisting students with their work, and taking attendance. In addition, students admitted to the position may be asked to teach portions of the English class lessons to small groups of students who need extra instruction. In general, the TAs will shadow the instructor and students, and assist with any classwork, organization, and behavior management.
Travel section includes a 3 days sightseeing program in Turkey where the civilization and history meets. In addition to the Turkey tour, a Balkan tour and a further day travels may be added in the country of teaching depending on the teaching institution.
- 3 days in Turkey
- 4 days in Balkans (2 different groups)
The Benefits of Teaching Assistantship &Travel (TAT):
Students in turn, will not only get the benefit of travelling in Turkey and the Balkans, but also gain the experience of their lifetime teaching and shadowing university/college students who teach English to non-English speakers.
Note to the Applicants:
- Take advantage of your summer vacation.
- Explore different cultures
- Meet new people, extend your network
- Use time for yourself while you’re young and it’s easier
- Discover the relevance of classroom study to the world
- Explore interests through hands-on learning
- Find one’s passion
- Build self-confidence and independence
- Gain skills – résumé building
- Gain clearer sense of college studies
Eligibility for Teaching Assistantship &Travel:
- Applicants should be in 7th-12th grade
- Of Balkan Origin& US Citizen/Permanent Resident
- As FEBA is a community organization, community involvement and leadership skills/experiences are important criteria for us.
- After processing student’s application, local FEBA coordinators will conduct a one on one interview with the applicant.
- Applicants and their parents/guardians must sign the program’s contract form.
- Applicants must complete the program in full attendance.
Responsibilities of both FEBA and the Applicant
- Applicants are required to pay their own international flight expenses between US and Turkey. They are also required to pay Balkan trip flight expenses.
- FEBA will provide housing and meal in both Turkey and Balkans.
|Jun 27 – August 14, 2015||Teaching Assistant (3 weeks)|
Application Fee: $400